Your source for the latest Chaminade news. For students, by students. Since 1917.

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

What You Need to Know about Mrs. Birdsell

As Chaminade students are getting acclimated to the new school year, they might notice some changes within the school community. In particular, the Chaminade family has welcomed many new students and faculty members. With Family Spirit being one of the school’s pillars, students are encouraged to make these new members of our community feel at home. One new teacher that sparked my interest is Mrs. Stacy Birdsell. 

Mrs. Birdsell is a veteran teacher, this being her twenty-second year of teaching. She worked in her hometown, Chicago, as well as at Fort Zumwalt West and Cor Jesu before coming to Chaminade. She has taught anatomy and physiology, chemistry, and earth science. 

Upon conversing with Mrs. Birdsell, I discovered many of her hobbies and interests. She has a 9 year-old daughter who she enjoys crafting with. She loves Chick-Fil-A, giraffes, and anything Disney. In her spare time, she coaches volleyball and watches TV shows, her favorites being Law and Order and Schitt’s Creek. If you have ever visited Switzerland, I encourage you to talk to Mrs. Birdsell about it—she appreciates the cool weather, lakes, and mountains, as well as the friendly culture. 

When I asked her why she enjoys teaching biology, she told me that biology is something that people use every day. She also believes that it can help students eat healthier because they know more about what is going into their bodies. I can tell by her enthusiastic personality that she will continue to make a difference in many students’ lives, and we should all be very excited to welcome another great teacher to our Chaminade community. To all students reading this article, I invite you to show hospitality not only to Mrs. Birdsell, but also to all the new members of Chaminade.

About the Contributor
Bobby Wittman
Bobby Wittman, Staff Member