Your source for the latest Chaminade news. For students, by students. Since 1917.

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Grillin’ and Chillin’: Where Meat Meets A Good Time

I recently had the opportunity to check out one of Chaminade’s most popular extracurricular activities… the BBQ Club! Let me tell you, it did not disappoint! Led by Mr. DiSalvo, this club is a perfect blend of learning different cooking techniques and enjoying great food. With approximately fifteen members, this club meets once every grading period (or six weeks) during Ac Lab to grill some of Chaminade students’ favorite meals. The members of the club experiment with a variety of different cookers including grills, smokers, and flat-tops in the Frische Courtyard.

This is the 11th year of the BBQ Club at Chaminade, and over the years, members have discovered some of their favorite creations. Examples include Red Devil Dogs, breakfast burgers, ribs, and pastrami. During the football playoff season in winter, the BBQ Club makes bratwurst boats that are filled with cream cheese, jalapenos, and whatever else appeals to your taste. People join the club for a variety of reasons. New member Zach Tracy joined because, in his words, “I love food.” 

Want to learn more? Contact Mr. DiSalvo

Did you know that there are five types of charcoal?

Lump charcoal, charcoal briquettes, hardwood briquettes, binchotan, and coconut shell charcoal. Depending on what you’re cooking, each type of charcoal has its own benefits.

About the Contributor
Hunter Lewis
Hunter Lewis, Staff Member