Your source for the latest Chaminade news. For students, by students. Since 1917.

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Meet Coach Mo

Meet Coach Mo

If you’ve spent even a day at Chaminade, you have heard of “Coach Mo.” Coach Morgan is the seventh grade P.E. teacher at the school and is always cooking up something interesting. Whether it’s swinging around his keys, coaching soccer, or talking smack in the halls, you know it will be a fun time. I sat down with the man, myth, and legend to discuss what Coach Mo is all about. 

Hey, Coach Mo. What does an average weekend look like for the most interesting man at Chaminade?

First of all, if I’m the most interesting man at Chaminade we’re in a lot of trouble. But really, weekends vary a lot depending on the time of year. Short answer — during the soccer season it’s all business with the games and road trips. Then, on Sunday I usually hang out at home, burning some meat on the grill and chilling.

What’s your go-to food for the week? I know you and Coach Derkits are tight. 

FOSHO – Coach D is the best. I love all kinds of food — pizza, pork steaks, chili, soups, meat loaf, pot pies, tacos… The list is long indeed.

What is the question you get asked most frequently from students?

“What are we doing in P.E. today?” has got to be the most frequently asked question. 7th Graders are ALWAYS curious about what we’re doing.

I am aware you are a lifeguard over the summer. How was that this year?

Managing the pool at Forest Hills Country Club is a great summer gig. I’m in charge of the lifeguards and taking care of the two pools. 

I heard you went to Nashville over the weekend. How was that experience?

Yeah, Nashville is a fun town. We went down for a soccer game between the New York Red Bulls and Nashville S.C. Two CCP boys played against each other.

What was it like meeting the Chaminade soccer players again? How long did you know them?

It was great seeing Tommy Barlow and Joe Willis again. They both played great! Tommy is a striker and Joe is a goalkeeper. I’ve known them since they were freshmen here at Chaminade.

Great to talk to you again Coach! Good luck with the soccer team this year!

About the Contributor
Zach Tracy
Zach Tracy, Staff Member