Your source for the latest Chaminade news. For students, by students. Since 1917.

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Top 10 Halloween Candies, According to Trick-or-Treaters

Will Eilermann, ’27

Halloween is a great and spooky time of year. All the kids come out at night looking for candy to eat, but some candy is held higher than others and you don’t want the trick-or-treaters at your house to be disappointed. So, here’s a list of 10 candies that you can’t go wrong with. . .

10. Nerds

Nerds are a great sweet treat, and they always hit the spot after a long night of trick-or-treating. The sugar coating on top of the little beads of sugar just makes them the perfect treat. If you want the kids at your door to be satisfied with their candy, you can’t go wrong with Nerds. But, there are still better options.

1. Sour Patch Kids

Sour Patch Kids are a great sour snack to enjoy on Halloween. They’re the perfect mix of sour and sweet. They have an initial sour coating, but after it wears off, they’re sweet. Overall, these are a great choice, and most will find that they suffice. Grant Petruska, ’24, said, “They’re sour then they’re sweet.”

1. Skittles

Skittles are a great multicolored candy to boost your morale on a spooky night. They have a colorful and fun look and taste that make you feel like you’re eating the rainbow. They’re a great candy for kids to enjoy on Halloween. Isiah Shepherd, ’24, said, “Chocolate is just chocolate, but Skittles has all different flavors in one package. That’s why it’s the best.”

1. Swedish Fish

Swedish Fish are a great sweet snack that bursts with flavor. Swedish Fish are hard to come by on Halloween, so if you have them at your door this Halloween, they will be a big hit.

1. M&M’s

M&M’s are the perfect, easy-to-eat chocolate treat. The sugar coating on the outside prevents them from melting, so after a long night of sitting in a bowl, they will still be good to eat. They are sweet and a great mix of chocolate and coating.

1. Snickers

Snickers are a great snack with chocolate, peanuts, and caramel. They have many different flavors and are a staple on Halloween. There’s a reason these are one of the most popular candies on Halloween: it’s because they’re good. If you want a candy that you can’t go wrong with, Snickers is for you.

1. Milky Way

Milky Ways are smooth and soft chocolate candies that always hit the spot. The combination of nougat and caramel filling inside is what makes it really just taste delicious.

1. Laffy Taffy

Laffy Taffy is a stretchy taffy that always tastes amazing. With every Laffy Taffy, there is also a joke on the wrapper. So, when you give them out, you’re giving out great candy along with a joke to put a smile on kids’ faces.

1. Kit Kat

Kit Kats are great chocolate wafers that make a kid delighted to eat them. They are a perfect mix of soft chocolate and crunchy wafer in the middle. You really can’t go wrong with a good ol’ Kit Kat on Halloween night. Jericho Santos, ’25, said, “Kit Kats are the best because they taste really good on the outside, and they have a burst of crunch on the inside.”

1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

And at the number one spot is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. These are the perfect candy to give out because of the great combination of chocolate and peanut butter. This the greatest treat on Halloween and a fan-favorite all over America. 

About the Contributor
Joe Trover
Joe Trover, Staff Member