Your source for the latest Chaminade news. For students, by students. Since 1917.

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Getting to Know Brother Leno Ceballos

Brother Leno Ceballos is a Marianist brother who was born and raised in San Diego, California. He speaks three languages: Spanish, English, and French. Spanish is his first language and he learned it from his parents. His second language is English, which he started to learn in kindergarten. French is his third language, which he learned as a freshman in high school. 

Although he has always mainly lived in the United States, he has been to many different countries. For 5 months, he lived in France while working at a Marianist school. The school was St. Mary’s Institute, where he taught lessons in English and French and helped with campus ministry. While teaching in France, he also studied at a French institution. He has additionally been to Germany, Italy, Spain, Peru, Colombia, and Mexico, and he did a missionary summer in South America, too.

As a Marianist brother, he was assigned by the brothers to a Marianist institution. He wanted to go to a school where he could teach middle school and high school, and Chaminade was perfect.  At Chaminade, Bro. Ceballos teaches 7th grade Spanish and high school French 1 and 2. 

Bro. Ceballos says one thing he likes about Chaminade, different from St. Mary’s Institute, is the Marianist community that we have. He said that he likes how we “gather students to delve deeper into their catholic faith and Marianist spirituality.” He also likes how kids come in early for MLC and are able to grow in their spirituality. 

About the Contributor
Joey Giardina
Joey Giardina, Staff Member