Your source for the latest Chaminade news. For students, by students. Since 1917.

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Inside the Booth: CSPN

The Chaminade Sports Programming Network (CSPN, for short) is live for home football games every Friday night, never missing a beat. Created in 2010, CSPN has been broadcasting Chaminade sports in the fall, winter, and spring, covering the ins and outs of our athletic competitions.

Led by faculty members Mr. Scott Bell, Mr. Bobby Tull, and Mrs. Melissa Schneeberger, CSPN has been quite successful, drawing over 300 people to tune in on average with a peak of 1,000 each time CSPN goes live. Senior Harlan Sheehan contributes elite play-by-play which pairs with clear video work to provide a great watch.

Preparation for the games is huge as the announcers, sound, and video crew have to make sure everything is ready to go for the game, just like the football team. 

In going behind the scenes, Sheehan, when asked his thoughts on the network, said, “CSPN provides a unique opportunity for students to get involved in the sports programs whether it’s through camera work or broadcasting,” He also said, “It allows for the alumni to keep up with Red Devil sports, being able to tune in from virtually anywhere.” 

Mr. Bell, in referring to the history of CSPN, said, “Back in 2010, the idea of broadcasting the Chaminade Basketball and Volleyball games came into the picture and eventually grew to what we have now.” When asked about additional factors of the network’s success, Bell said,  “It also comes down to the technology in our cameras, laptops, and microphones that enhance the viewer’s experience.”

So, if you can’t make it to the game, use this link, grab your popcorn, and watch the Red Devils go to work!

About the Contributor
Jonah Copley
Jonah Copley, Staff Member