Your source for the latest Chaminade news. For students, by students. Since 1917.

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Cardinal & White

Skating into a New Season

Hockey has been a part of Chaminade since the school’s team was founded in 1971. Coming off last season with a 6-13-2 record and a playoff record of 4-3-0, most people are looking to make something happen this year.

Mrs. Struckhoff, freshmen theology teacher, said, “I really want to see the boys in the Frozen Four this year, I think we have a good enough group that can pull it off!” As we enter the 2023-2024 season, it might be a change for some people with the appearance of six freshmen. The seniors on the team are John Zimmerman ’24, Miles Watson ’24, and Tate Roberts ’24. We are definitely hoping for good senior leadership from them as well as our starting goalie, Patrick Struckhoff ’25, and head coach, Adam Rodeor ’14.

The team finished its preseason schedule with a 2-2 record and opened the regular season with a tough matchup against defending state champs DeSmet. The Spartans jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first period, but CCP was able to grow into the game, matching DeSmet in shots in the second and third periods. The final shot total was close, with DeSmet holding only a slight 29-24 edge. Defenseman Adrik Woodward, ’27, scored the first Chaminade goal of the year in the third period, and the game ended with a 5-1 DeSmet win. Chaminade’s performance over the final two periods will give them something positive to build on as they move forward with the season.

About the Contributor
Connor Johnson
Connor Johnson, Staff Member